Chandler Youth Sports
A division of Arizona Youth Sports
Chandler Youth Sports!
Our goal is to be your go-to league for all your youth sports needs! We are unlike any other league in Chandler and we’d like you to see what sets us apart.
We're only $55/child. We want all your kids to be able to play sports!
SAFE AND FUN
A positive environment for kids to enjoy youth sports without pressure and stress
All your kids' games at one location in your neighborhood!
Tournaments in many divisions! Winners play champs from other cities!
Volunteer coaches get 50% off!
- $55 early registration (Jan 13–Jan 26)
- $65 registration (Jan 27–Feb 23)
- $75 late registration (Feb 24–Mar 2)
- Jan 13 – Jan 26 – Early Registration
- Jan 27 – Feb 23 - Normal Registration
- Feb 24 – March 2 – Late Registration
- March 3 – Registration is Closed
- March 13 – 16 – Rosters Released
- March 17 – Practices Can Begin
- March 27 – Coaches Clinic
- April 3 – Games Begin
- April 10 – Games
- April 17 – Games
- April 24 – Games
- May 1 – Games
- May 8 – Games, Playoffs*
- May 15 – Championship Games*
*Tournament Divisions Only
**Some divisions may have a bye week
Gilbert & Chandler – Mesquite Junior High
- This location will serve most of Gilbert and also Chandler families north of the 202.
East Mesa – Desert Ridge Junior High
- This will serve all east Mesa and many East Gilbert families.
Queen Creek & Chandler – Payne Junior High
- This location will host games for teams from Queen Creek, South Chandler and South Gilbert
We use your child’s age on March 31, 2021
- Soccer – 3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9*, 10-12*
- Flag Football – 5-6*, 7-8*, 9-10*, 11-12*, 13-14*
- Volleyball – 7-9*, 10-11*, 12-14*
- Basketball – 4-5, 6-7, 8-9*, 10-11*, 12-13*
- Baseball – 3-4, 5-6, 7-9, 10-12
- Girls Softball – 7-9, 10-12
*This age division participates in a tournament
PRACTICE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- Practice times and locations are arranged at the coach’s discretion. Each team practices when and where they choose. Practices are generally held outside.
- *AZYS does not provide teams with practice locations
GAME PLAY FORMAT:
- Soccer – Rec-style, Tournament style for older divisions only
- Flag football – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
- Volleyball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
- Basketball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced), rec-style for younger divisions
- Baseball/Softball – Rec style (beginner – intermediate)
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED BY PARENTS:
- Soccer – shin guards, shorts, shoes, soccer ball. Cleats and soccer socks are optional.
- Flag Football – mouthguard required, pants/shorts, shoes, football. Cleats are optional.
- Volleyball – knee pads, black shorts, shoes, volleyball.
- Basketball – mouthguard recommended, shoes, shorts, basketball.
- Baseball – pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
- Girls Softball – pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
Team Shirts are provided to all players.
Hats are provided to Baseball/Softball only.
Please view the rules for the appropriate sized ball needed for your player.
We are always looking for new parent coaches. Please consider volunteering to coach your child’s team!
- 50% off one child’s registration
- Free coaches shirt
- The league will provide some equipment for some sports for practice
- Sample practices and playbooks are available to all coaches
Many teams will play 1-2 away games during the season. These are generally within 5-10 minutes away from your home game location. All games are in the East Valley.